Submitted by: Mohammed Calcuttawala
Dentals implants are supports that hold a tooth or cosmetic dental bridge in place. A dental implant is typically used when a person looses a tooth or teeth due to injury, periodontal disease or some other reason.
Examples of dental implants include:
1. Dental implants done when a single tooth is missing. The implant usually consists of one implant and a crown to replace the missing tooth.
2. Dental implants done when several teeth are missing. The treatment usually consists of implant-supported bridges to replace the missing teeth.
3. Dental implant is done when all the teeth need to be replaced. The treatment in this case consists of an implant-supported full denture or full bridge to create a new set of teeth.
4. Dental implant via sinus augmentation sometimes an implant needs to be placed in the upper back jaw region. This is a difficult task for the periodontists (dental implant specialist) because that region has insufficient bone quantity and is also near the sinus region. The periodontists therefore carries out a procedure known as ‘Sinus augmentation’ to help raise the sinus floor and develop bone for the placement of dental implant in upper back jaw.
5. Dental implant when dental ridge is deformed or inadequate due to an accident or disease. In either case, there is inadequate bone for placement of dental implants. The solution is to lift the gum, expose the bone defect and fill it with bone or bone substitute to rebuild the ridge. Once the ridge is healed and the periodontists is happy with the results, the next step is the dental implant.
There two types of dental implants endosteal (in the bone) and, subperiosteal (on the bone). The former is more common and is generally used as an alternative for patients with bridges or removable dentures. Each endosteal implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. A subperiosteal dental implant on the other hand, is placed on top of the jaw and is the preferred method of treatment for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and who have minimal bone height.
If you are told that you need a dental implant, make sure that your dentist is also a periodontists because a dental implant should only be handled by a periodontists a dental experts who specialises in dental implants. If your dentist is not a periodontists, he will (and should), request a periodontists to join him during this minor surgery and together they will make your teeth perfect again.
We endeavour to provide you with the highest level of service and care that will exceed your expectations. Our friendly dentists and staff are committed to helping you achieve both excellent dental health and a beautiful smile for life. Some of our great services are General Dentistry, Teeth Whitening, Cosmetic Dentistry, Laser Dentistry and Tongue Tie and Lip Tie procedures. We are a family focused dental practice caring for you at all stages of life.
After treatment, your dentist Baulkham Hills and periodontist will create a oral hygiene routine for you to follow and will also request periodic follow-up visits to monitor your implant, other teeth and gums. Teeth fitted over dental implants are just like natural teeth and require the same care as the other teeth.http://integritydental.com.au for more information on dental implants and scheduling a visit to a periodontist clinic.
About the Author: Welcome to Integrity Dental where we have been dedicated to creating healthy and beautiful smiles for over 30 years. Visit Here For More Information :